Based in London, England
February 1, 2013
Press / Business contact:
62 Shoreditch High Street
+44 20 7613 0433
ustwo games is an award winning mobile games studio, based within ustwo studios ltd.
HistoryThe Early Days
ustwo games is a manifestation of the spirit of invention within digital product studio ustwo ltd. With the launch of the App Store in 2008 the studio began creating a series of apps focused on creativity and entertainment, scoring numerous top spots in a variety of categories before setting its sights solely on mobile games. The first title under this new direction was the endless-flyer Whale Trail which resonated highly enough with fans to spin-off into publishing and TV development. The team followed up with the pure-bred puzzle game Blip Blup.Monument Valley and Beyond
A round of recruitment in 2013 added a new clutch of games industry professionals to the team and resulted in the Apple Design Award and BAFTA winning mobile hit, Monument Valley. In keeping with the team and ustwo studio’s core values, MV focused on user experience and elegance in presentation. This dedication to craft and platform specific design is carried through to the latest release, ‘Land’s End’ which represents our contribution to the possibilities of virtual reality.
Land’s End Trailer YouTube
Land’s End Trailer 2 YouTube
Monument Valley Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Ustwo Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner iPad Game of the Year" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner Apple Design Award" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner BAFTA Best Mobile and Handheld Game" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner BAFTA Best British" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner DICE Achievement in Art Direction" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner GDC Best Handheld/Mobile Game" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winner GDC Innovation Award" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winner GDC Best Visual Art Award" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winner Grand Prix 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winner PocketGamer Award Best Overall Game" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winner PocketGamer Award iOS Game of the Year" - - Monument Valley, 2015
- "Winer Unity Award Best 3D Visuals" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner Unity Award Community Choice" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Winner Develop Awards Contribution in Audio" - - Monument Valley, 2014
- "Monument Valley is the most elegant game I’ve ever played"
- Tim Schafer,
- "The most sublime hour my iPad has ever given me… and the value of such a thing is incalculable."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "Brilliant design… Stayed with me like a dream I didn’t want to forget… 9/10"
- Danielle Riendeau, Polygon
- "Monument Valley stuns with its serenity… Each screen is a work of art"
- Taylor Casti, Huffington Post
Monument Valley official website
Find out more about Monument Valley at http://www.monumentvalleygame.com.
Land’s End official website
Find out more about Land’s End at http://www.landsendgame.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Head of Games
Game Designer, Lead Artist
David Fernandez Huerta
Programmer, Audio Design
QA Tester, Junior Tools Programmer
Freelance Audio Producer